Rules and Judging Criteria
- Any style of Lego is allowed, System, Technic, Bionicle, or Hero Factory.
- All entries Must contain a minimum of four rolling wheels, and seat one driver, no exceptions.
- Your driver can be anyone you wish so long as they to are a MOC or set made of lego elements. Feel free to use a MOC, your favorite bionicle set, who or what ever, so long as its lego.
- In addition to building a MOC in a "kart" style, You must distribute Stats to your MOC to define its characteristics on a performance level. You are allowed 20 stat points and can distribute them as you see fit in the categories of
- Speed-The Karts overall top speed.
- Handling- How well the kart can maneuver and take corners.
- Acceleration-How quickly the kart can reach its top speed.
- Weight-The weight of the kart determines if the kart is easily pushed around by other drivers or knocked off the track by racers or hazards. Weight will also play a factor in the juding of speed, handling and acceleration.
- Attack-The Kart's offensive capabilities. No permanent destruction of fellow racers is allowed, just like in kart racing video games. Placing all your stat points in offense won't do you any good.
- Defense-The kart's ability to defend against other racers and track hazards. Same as with Attack, No constant shielding or protection is allowed. The stats should reflect the build, and the build should justify the stats. You can award each category with as many or as little points as you want, but you have a grand total of 20 stat points to distribute across the 6 Categories, spend em well Racers.
- In your Deviations of your entries, you can display your stats by using the and emotes to indicate your karts stats, make them easier to read, as well as dressing your deviation up.
- Functionality is not a requirement but will be favorably looked upon, and will increase your kart's chances of winning.
- The Judging of the contest will be done by the BML admins, myself, Alex-Darkrai, Shorjok, KuroEtShiro and if we get anyone new, them as well. .
We will be judging based on the criteria of the Build of the MOC, distribution of stats, relationship between the build and stats, story(so write a good one), and lastly, the relationship between the driver and kart. Does the driver and kart match each other, do they contrast? Does the driver hilariously look too big or small for its kart? You decide.
The contest begins now! The sign up period is open between Now and the 24th of December ending at 11:59 California Time. You can sign yup by commenting on this journal stating that you will be entering the contest. The building period will continue on until the 31st, ending at 11:59PM California time. The judges will take a day or two to deliberate, and the winner will be announced. Should there be a tie between two or more racers the tie will be decided by popular vote Via a poll! When you've completed your Kart you can Make a deviation for it, specify that its for the Bio-kart Grand Prix contest in the artist comment, then post another comment here with a link to the entry.
The prizes Update(12/8/12)
This is a winner takes all contest! The kart that is deemed the best kart suited to win the Bio-Kart Grand Prix will be featured in the BML's feature folder,
Prizes are subject to updates or slight changes, we will keep you posted should anything change.
HAPPY MOCING EVERYONE!